Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 129 mal aufgerufen
 Training
ruogu1234 Offline

21.11.2019 07:54
said he didnt have any details about the gunfire Antworten

Urijah Faber cant wait to hear the cheers when he climbs into the cage in Sacramento on Saturday night. The California Kid loves fighting in his hometown, and hes bringing a whole bunch of his friends along with him when he takes on Michael McDonald. "Im a big guy on energy," Faber said. "Being in a place thats really comfortable and having a crowd thats going to be putting off some great vibes and having my whole team with me is going to be huge." The UFC is back in Californias capital city this weekend for a show that might as well be called the Team Alpha Male Invitational. Faber and three of his teammates are all competing on the card, headlined by UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnsons title defence against Alpha Males Joseph Benavidez. Benavidez is in the main event, but the star attraction is Faber (29-6), who hasnt been the hometown favourite for a while. He is fighting in Sacramento for the first time in nine bouts since April 2010, and for the first time since he joined the UFC when the lower-weight WEC promotion was absorbed by the sports dominant organization. Faber is on a roll with three straight stoppage victories in 2013, and the former UC Davis wrestler should be in line for a bantamweight title shot if he gets past McDonald (16-2), who has won nine of his last 10 fights. Hes grateful for the chance to do it at home. "As Ive matured and gotten older and understand things a little bit better, I just realize how important it is to stay behind a community," Faber said. "And I feel like Ive really become a part of this community on bigger level. Were fighting for a lot of different things. Were fighting for the pride of an area. Were fighting for the economy. It was really cool to see everyone come together and save the Kings, so I see this is as me and my guys doing our part." McDonald isnt an Alpha Male, but hes also NorCal to the core, born and raised in Modesto -- and hes 12 years younger than the 34-year-old Faber. McDonald lost his bantamweight title shot in February when Renan Barao stopped him, but bounced back with a submission victory over Brad Pickett in August. McDonald got into the sport during Fabers rise to the top, and he isnt worried about getting local love in Sacramento. "I dont really think about it so much at all," McDonald said. "No matter where I am, whether Im in England or Washington or San Jose, I really dont look at the crowd. I dont think about the crowd. I actually completely disconnect myself from everybody before the fight. Afterward Ill go out and Ill enjoy it, but I just do like I have something on my mind." The arena thats normally home to the NBAs Sacramento Kings will host the towns MMA royalty. Alpha Male coach Duane Ludwig will be busy with fighters in each of the cards last three bouts, but Faber believes his team can handle it. Alpha Males Chad Mendes takes on Nik Lentz in a 145-pound bout, and teammate Danny Castillo has the earliest fight against Edson Barboza. The main card on Fox also features crowd-pleasing lightweight Joe Lauzon against Mac Danzig. The scheduling already helped the Alpha Males with their training, since all four fighters ramped up their workouts on a similar timetable. "I think its all positive," Faber said. "Everybody is working toward the same goal, and the attention level is there. Everyone is understanding you have to take care of each others bodies, so youre not getting too beat up. Were basically a (family) anyway, but its nice to have that focus all at one time." Cheap Vapormax 97 China . Canada was placed in one of the easiest groups during Saturdays live televised draw in Montreal. Nike Air VaporMax Plus Black Gold . Rookie Marek Mazanec made 39 saves for his first NHL victory and the Predators beat the Chicago Blackhawks 7-2 Saturday night. http://www.clearancevapormax.com/ .Y. - Carey Price had an early feeling that one goal might be enough to settle the latest matchup between his Montreal Canadiens and longtime Original Six foe, the New York Rangers. Cheap Off White Vapormax China .Y. -- It was as if Matt Moulson never left the New York Islanders. Cheap Vapormax 2 China . Last years runner-up, Sara Errani, also reached the last eight in straight sets. Flipkens converted all four of her break points against Meusburger, and the third-seeded Errani broke Karin Knapps serve five times to win their all-Italian match 6-4, 6-3.RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -- Striking construction workers and security personnel clashed Monday at Rio de Janeiros Olympic Park, the main cluster of venues under construction for the 2016 Summer Games. Rio Mais, the consortium building the Olympic venues, confirmed that random gunshots were fired as workers and security confronted each other. There were no reports of injuries at the venue cluster, which is located 25 kilometres (15 miles) west of central Rio. The work stoppage involving more than 2,000 workers began Thursday, and Rio Mais said it was unclear when work would resume. "We are worried by the fact we are losing time," said Mario Andrada, spokesman for the Rio Olympic organizing committee. "Beyond that, there is catch-up to do and we will have to move faster to make up whatever time weve lost." Andrada said he didnt have any details about the gunfire. "Gunshots and violence worry us," he added. "But right now we dont know where this came from." The labour dispute centres around which union represents the construction workers, and also involves benefits and working conditions. Workers also went on strike Monday in central Rio de Janeiro at the stadium that will be used for track and field at the 2016 Olympics. The Joao Havelange Olympic Stadium, known in Rio as the Engenhao, has been closed since last yearr to fix structural problems with the roof.dddddddddddd The strikes are sure to capture the attention of the International Olympic Committee executive board, which is meeting this week in the Turkish Mediterranean resort of Belek. A team of IOC inspectors visiting Rio almost three weeks ago, headed by Olympic hurdle champion Nawal El Moutawakel, said the games faced "challenging deadlines." IOC President Thomas Bach has repeated often that Rio "doesnt have a day to lose," and some fear it could face chronic delays similar to those hitting the upcoming World Cup, which begins in two months. The strike adds to a growing list of problems confronting Rio organizers with the games just over two years away. Construction on the second largest cluster of venues in northern Rio de Janeiro, in an area called Deodoro, has yet to begin. Work on the Olympic golf course has also been delayed. Severe water pollution in Rios Guanabara Bay, the venue for Olympic sailing, is a growing concern with a test event scheduled there in August. IOC officials have said they will not risk the athletes health if the water is unsafe. Many of the delays are rooted in disputes among Brazils three levels of government over who pays for what. Most estimates suggest Brazil will spend about $15 billion on the Olympics, a mix of public and private money. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz