Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 123 mal aufgerufen
 Ravenclaw
ruogu1234 Offline

07.11.2019 07:21
shortly after surging into the lead at Pinnacle Antworten

ROGERS, Ark. - Whether its because of her improved play or the reason for it, Michelle Wie appears as comfortable on and off the golf course as at any time in her career. Wie continued her season-long surge on the LPGA Tour on Saturday, shooting her second straight 5-under 66 to take a two-shot lead in the suspended second round of the NW Arkansas Championship. The performance put the U.S. Womens Open champion within a round of back-to-back wins for the first time in her LPGA Tour career, not that she showed any signs of stress after reaching 10 under overall. In fact, shortly after surging into the lead at Pinnacle Country Club, Wie joined PGA Tour pros Rickie Fowler and Keegan Bradley as part of a social media challenge in dumping a bucket of ice water on herself on the driving range. Yes, life is good at the moment for Wie. "I think it comes hand in hand," Wie said about her winning and revamped attitude. "... I played really well toward the end of the year last year ... took a lot of time off, took about a month and a half. So, I just felt really refreshed, and I think it comes hand in hand." All 72 players in the afternoon session were unable to finish on Saturday because of thunderstorms, with second-round play expected to finish early Sunday before the final round begins later in the morning. Before the rain arrived, the morning pairings were once again left chasing Wie — who earned her first major victory at the U.S. Womens Open last week at Pinehurst after winning earlier in the season in her home state of Hawaii. So Yeon Ryu, paired with Wie, was second at 8 under after her second straight 67, while Suzann Pettersen, Chella Choi and Line Vedel were three strokes back. Pettersen had a 67, Choi shot 65, and Vedel had five holes left. Top-ranked and local favourite Stacy Lewis was four shots behind at 6 under, a week after finishing a shot behind Wie at Pinehurst. The two are training and practice partners in Florida, and Wie couldnt help but challenge her friend to the ice bucket shower after her dousing. "Michelles obviously playing some really good golf," Lewis said. "Im going to have to shoot a good number tomorrow. ... At least I put a good number up today, and well see what happens tomorrow." Lewis made the early charge Saturday to close within a shot of first-round leader Alena Sharp of Hamilton, much to the delight of the pro-Arkansas crowd — where Lewis played collegiately. Sharp made it through 15 holes prior to the delay. For the second straight day, however, Wie saved her best for the back. She jumped into contention with a 4-under 31 on the back nine on Friday. After teeing off on the back nine Saturday, she once again closed with a flurry — birdieing four of her final seven holes to shoot a 4-under 32 and surge into the lead. She putted 29 times on Saturday, a day after needing 28 in her opening round using her more hunched-over style. "These days, Michelles on fire," Ryu said. "I played with her today and yesterday, and her putting was awesome. I think thats why she could win a major tournament." Wie put the finishing touch on her round — and quest for a second straight tournament victory — with a 3-foot birdie putt on No. 9 that put her within reach of back-to-back wins. "I just want to kind of get through tomorrow," Wie said. "But at the same time, it is definitely in the back of my mind ... If I can get it done, hopefully it will happen." Wie held off Lewis by a shot to win her first major title in the U.S Womens Open. Playing a group behind Lewis on Saturday, Wie bogeyed her second hole, No. 11, and recovered with a birdie on the par-5 14th. She followed that with a second straight birdie on a par 5, getting up and down off the fringe on No. 18 to reach 6 under. Her birdie spree followed on the front nine, with large galleries following both Lewis and Wie. Lewis followed a sluggish first round in which she putted 31 times by needing only 24 putts on Saturday. She stumbled with a bogey out of the greenside bunker on the par-3 fourth hole before recovering with birdies on No. 5 and 9. Shell need more of the same if she or anyone else is to catch Wie on Sunday. "Its going to have to be something pretty low," Lewis said. "The way Michelle and a lot of those girls play, theyre not really going to come back to us." Wholesale Vapormax 97 .Those stars, most notably the top line of James van Riemsdyk, Tyler Bozak and Phil Kessel, struggled against the Montreal Canadiens and must be better as the Leafs look ahead to facing the Pittsburgh Penguins and New York Rangers this weekend. Fake Vapormax 2019 . The rookie is rewarding their faith with a stellar first season. MacKinnon had a goal and two assists, Jamie McGinn had two goals and an assist, and Colorado beat the Buffalo Sabres 7-1 on Saturday. http://www.clearancevapormax.com/cheap-vapormax-2-clearance.html . They never thought it would take some blood, too. Kevin Love grabbed his 4,000th career rebound as part of a 19-point, 13-board effort to lead the Timberwolves over the Utah Jazz 112-97 on Tuesday night. Fake Vapormax Flyknit .com) - James Harden put the Houston Rockets on his back and willed them to an overtime victory on Thursday. Vapormax 2020 Clearance .com) - The St.PERTH, Australia - Canada made a winning start Saturday at the Hopman Cup, with Milos Raonic and Eugenie Bouchard both posting victories to set up an unbeatable 2-0 scoreline over Australia in the eight-nation team competition. Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., defeated Bernard Tomic 7-6 (8-6), 6-1. The 23-year-old Canadian fired 18 aces, including two in the final game. Montreals Bouchard gave Canada the evenings winning point as she beat a grand slam champion for the third time in her career with a defeat of 2011 U.SS.dddddddddddd Open winner Samantha Stosur 4-6, 6-2, 6-3. She also beat former French Open winner Ana Ivanovic at Wimbledon last summer. It was a promising start to the season for Raonic and Bouchard, who were respectively named The Canadian Press male and female athletes of the year earlier this week. A mixed doubles tie was being played for pride at the Perth arena later. Canada are competing at the event for only the second time after Frank Dancevic and Maureen Drake participated a decade ago. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz