Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 92 mal aufgerufen
 Kurzgeschichten
ruogu1234 Offline

24.10.2019 03:39
on Thursday to get a second opinion on the left ankle that has bothered Antworten

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Texas Rangers have replaced Prince Fielders replacement with a 32-year-old rookie playing first base in the major leagues for the first time. Mitch Moreland, who will get a second opinion before expected surgery on his left ankle later this week, was placed on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday. The Rangers selected Brad Snyders contract from Triple-A Round Rock and he was in the starting lineup at first base against the Miami Marlins. Snyder played in 20 games for the Chicago Cubs from 2010-11, with his only six starts came in the outfield. He also made 12 appearances as a pinch-hitter and another as a pinch-runner. In 1,246 minor league games over 12 seasons, Snyder played only two games at first base -- his past two games with Round Rock before getting called up by the Rangers. "He made the plays, he needs some work," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "Were working with everybody else up here, so that will be no different with him." Snyder said he has played first base in winter ball, and for a few games in college. But he has previously taken a lot of groundballs and done other work at first. Fielder, the slugger added in an off-season trade from Detroit and signed through 2020, had a cervical fusion surgery last month. Moreland will be in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Thursday to get a second opinion on the left ankle that has bothered him since spring training. He could have a procedure to remove a bone in the back of the ankle and be out three to four weeks, or reconstructive surgery that would sideline him for three months. "I dont know whats wrong in there. Im trying to figure out whats going on and figure out the best route to take to get healthy, so I can get on the field and be ready to go," Moreland said Tuesday. "I knew that surgery was going to be there at the end of the year, what I was trying to get. Obviously I didnt make that point. I tried to though. ... Ive been trying to push through it." Moreland hit .246 with two homers and 23 RBIs in 52 games. Snyder, who went to spring training with Texas as a non-roster invitee, hit .284 with 18 home runs and 51 RBIs in 61 games for Round Rock. He was second in the Pacific Coast League in homers and runs (46). To make room on the 40-man roster for Snyder, the Rangers transferred left-hander Matt Harrison from the 15- to the 60-day disabled list. Harrison had spinal fusion surgery June 3. Custom Nike Chicago Cubs Jerseys . Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, Fiorentina levelled on aggregate in the 14th minute when Joaquin Sanchez Rodriguez headed back a long ball from David Pizarro and Pasqual smashed home an angled volley. Custom Nike St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys .S. routed Sweden 7-0 Sunday to win its fourth straight title and seventh overall under-18 world championship. Olson earned his third shutout of the tournament and the Americans allowed only four goals in six games to set an International Ice Hockey Federation under-18 record. https://www.customnikebaseballjerseys.com/ .com) - Novak Djokovic easily took care of Andy Murray to reach the final at the $2. Custom Nike Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys .B. -- Canadas Rachel Homan had ideal preparation for the playoffs at the Ford World Curling Championships with a pair of hard-fought wins over tenacious opponents Thursday. Custom Nike Washington Nationals Jerseys .Y. -- First, Patrick Kane gave his family and friends something to cheer about by scoring a highlight-reel goal in a rare trip home to Buffalo on Sunday night. TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Syracuse was dangerously close to letting another less talented opponent pull off the upset when C.J. Fair took over Sunday. The seventh-ranked Orange had let a sporadic Florida State team rally late in the first half and get within a point in the second. Then Fair got going. The senior forward scored 15 of his 22 points after halftime and led Syracuse to a 74-58 victory in the programs first trip to Florida State. "We saw right away he got it going," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. "He had the hot hand. When he gets it, were going to get him the ball. "This was his best offensive game probably since Duke." The Orange, who ended a two-game losing streak, had lost 4 of 5 -- including two to sub-.500 teams -- after starting the season 25-0. They had been ranked No. 1 for three weeks and No. 2 for the previous eight weeks before the losses started piling up. "It was huge for us to get this," Boeheim said. "Last year we went through this and we had lost (three) and went to Georgetown to try to get momentum back and got beat by 35. "Weve struggled to score. We scored the ball. Did a good job on the boards and our defence was good. ... Momentum can be a funny thing. We turned it around last year in one game. You can do that and this will help us." Jerami Grant, who had been bothered by back problems recently, had 16 points and eight rebounds while Tyler Ennis finished with 16 points for Syracuse (27-4, 14-4 Atlantic Coast Conference). Syracuses athleticism was too much for Florida State to handle as the Orange had a 43-24 advantage on the glass, including 17 offensive rebounds. "Im definitely feeling a lot better," Grant said. "I was able to come out and help my team however they needed me to help today. I think that definitely helped us get the victory today." Boeheim said, "Were a completely different team with Jerami Grant. If he wasnt able to go tonight, we wouldnt be very happy right now. Hes key to what we do." Okaro White led Floridda State with 20 points and 10 rebounds to record his fifth double-double of the season.dddddddddddd Fellow senior Ian Miller scored 16 points in his last home game while Aaron Thomas chipped in 14. "Their zone was pretty good today," Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton said. "It was a challenge for our guys to execute the things we had in their game plan because they kept making adjustments, and thats what their defence does to you." Syracuse ran away from the Seminoles in the second half behind Fair and two big baskets from Trevor Cooney. A 6-0 Florida State run cut the lead to 47-46, but the Orange answered with a burst that put the game away. Miller forced a bad 3-point attempt and Cooney responded with his first 3-pointer of the game on the following possession. Cooney buried another after a defensive stop and Syracuse went on to an 18-6 run that extended the lead to 65-52. The Florida State offence didnt have enough juice against the Syracuse zone to make another run. The Orange outshot the Seminoles 48.3 per cent to 38.0 per cent. "Every team goes through those rough stretches," Grant said. "We went through a little rough stretch, but were back and were flying just in time for the tournament." White kept the Seminoles in the game during the first half, scoring 14 of Florida States 27 points. He scored 10 consecutive points for Florida State to take an 18-17 lead after a putback. The Orange answered with a 14-2 run that nearly put the Seminoles away before the break. The run was capped by consecutive fast-break layups from Ennis, one part of a three-point play, to go up 31-20. Syracuse was shooting 47 per cent from the field at the time, 11 per cent better than Florida State, and had a 20-10 rebounding advantage. The Seminoles worked the deficit back to single digits with a 7-2 stretch to close the half, highlighted by a tip-dunk off an offensive rebound by White with 1 second left. Syracuse will be the No. 2 seed when the ACC tournament begins March 14 in Greensboro, N.C. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz