Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Fragen
ruogu1234 Offline

02.11.2019 07:19
2022 World Cup with the need to reform Antworten

GENEVA - Qatar has been urged at the United Nations to abolish the sponsorship system tying migrant workers to employers. Delegates at a U.N. Human Rights Council panel reviewing Qatars record on Wednesday repeatedly raised concerns about exploitation of workers in construction and domestic households. Several of 84 states speaking in the session linked Qatar hosting the 2022 World Cup with the need to reform its laws. "There are widespread reports of violations of the rights of migrant workers, especially in the context of preparations for the 2022 FIFA World Cup," the Ireland delegation said in a statement. Recommendations, which are not binding, included scrapping exit visas which can prevent immigrant workers leaving, and giving legal protection against what Belgium said was "persistence of violence against women and girls." Qatars assistant foreign minister, Sheik Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al-Thani, said there had been "some helpful recommendations from different countries." "We recognize that there are certain issues and challenges we are facing about the migrant workers," the minister told The Associated Press after the three-hour meeting. "We think the World Cup is a catalyst for us to help us accelerate our performance." Qatari authorities are preparing to announce some changes within weeks, after a review of their labour laws. "We will come, I think, very soon within the current month with an overall work program," Sheik Mohammed said. The minister opened the panel meeting outlining progress made enacting recommendations — including measures to combat human trafficking and protect women and children from domestic violence — since a previous four-yearly review in 2010. The International Trade Union Confederation and rights groups have criticized Qatar for slow adoption of laws to protect non-Qatari nationals, and failure to enforce existing laws properly. With the World Cup expected to kick off in November 2022, Qatar faces two further U.N. human rights reviews before matches start. Spain led calls on Wednesday to "strike from the books" the "kafala" sponsorship system which gives employers veto power over workers leaving their job or going home. The Netherlands called for Qatar to make adequate labour conditions "an important criterion for granting building contracts" and to blacklist contractors who violated rules. The Qatari minister called for understanding of the emirates issues handling an influx of foreign workers — comprising 85 per cent of a resident population of around 2 million — during its rapid growth. "There are some challenges with the current laws," Sheik Mohammed acknowledged. "In order to have partners in this development, we need the flow of ex-pat workers who are coming to work for us and helping us." Still, many U.N. member states on Wednesday expressed concern for migrant domestic staff who will be required in Qatari households after the construction boom. Belgium urged Qatar to assure women they could complain "without fear of reprisal or harassment" by their employers. Spain noted that marital rape is not a crime in Qatar, and the Czech Republic recommended criminalizing all violence against women. "We are encouraging them if there is any problem to report it and we have put the mechanisms in place," the Qatari minister told the AP. "This is a freedom which is granted by the government." France led recommendations that Qatari women who married foreign men be allowed to pass on their nationality to their children. Amid widespread requests to ensure freedom of expression and protest in Qatar, the United States recommended that the government release all prisoners of conscience including poet Muhammad ibn al-Dheeb al-Ajami. He is serving a 15-year jail term for writing verses judged offensive to the former Emir. A report reviewing Qatars progress will be adopted Friday, and is scheduled to be considered at a session of the 47-nation Human Rights Council in September. Nike NFL Jerseys Outlet . LOUIS -- Known for his game-managing and defensive skills, Yadier Molina made another statement with his bat. Fake Nike NFL Jerseys . Lupul injured the hand in a fall at practice on Thursday. He will wear a cast for a minimum of 10 days before he can put a glove back on it and get some mobility back, said Carlyle, who added the winger wont go on the teams upcoming road trip. https://www.chinajerseysnfl.us/ .ca presents its latest weekly power rankings for the 2013-14 Barclays Premier League season. NFL Jerseys China . Nainggolan scored his first Italian league goal at Bologna, in October 2010, and he also opened his Roma account there following his January move from Cagliari. The Belgium midfielder volleyed home Miralem Pjanics cross from close range eight minutes from time. Nike NFL Jerseys China . The judge sternly instructed the prosecutor to restrain himself and he apologized -- then went right back to trying to pick holes in the testimony of the double-amputee runner. It was a harsh day of cross-examination for Pistorius, challenged relentlessly about his account of the moments just before he killed Reeva Steenkamp, as well as circumstances related to several firearms charges against him, including the firing of a gun in a crowded restaurant. WATERLOO, Ont. -- Michelle Wie had to think her 6-under-par 65 would hold up despite a strong wind whipping through Grey Silo Golf Course. It should have been enough, until defending champion Hee Young Park caught fire. The South Korean made her move over the last 10 holes, draining four birdies to match Wies score after Thursdays first round of the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic. Wie, who matched her lowest round of the season, birdied three of the last four holes including an eight-foot downhill putt on No. 18. She said she had the same mindset as last season -- getting out of the gate with a good score in case other golfers continued to go low at Grey Silo. "Thats definitely what I thought today," said Wie, who was off the course before Park started her round. "I was early off and I wanted to just make a lot of birdies early on, especially with 26 under winning it last year, its definitely one of those golf courses where you may have to keep making birdies. I went 6 under today and its not enough. I have to keep making birdies for the rest of the weekend. I still have my work cut out for me." Park, who equalled her opening round score last year when she won with the second lowest score in LPGA history at 26 under, said she surprised herself by grabbing a share of the lead. "I didnt really expect to play well today, because last year and this year pretty different golf conditions -- this year more wet and not firm," Park said. "We played a month earlier than last year, so it was a more windier course condition. We didnt care about other players playing well or not, just one by one shot playing." Park laughed when asked if she could equal her score from last year. "I hope so. Today I was a bit lucky. I didnt really miss my second shots so that I hit the green and had a lot of chance to birdie putt. Also, I tried to put it so I had some uphill easier putts rather than hit it too aggressive downhill." The twosome were one shot better than Chinas Shanshan Feng and two shots ahead of Chinas Xi Yu Lin and Christie Kerr of the U.S. at 4 under. After the top five, 12 players were tied at 3 under. For the first time in three years at the tournament the wind factored into the scoring, as only five players shot better than 3-under par in the first round. Last year, 22 players opened with lower scores. Wie was a measure of cconsistency though on the day with seven birdies, despite some whipping wind, with her only blemish coming with a bogey on No.dddddddddddd 9. "I was consistent and I felt that I judged the wind pretty well today," Wie said. "Tuesday practice round was a lot windier, so I think that was very helpful." Feng had a strong round with five birdies, but she wasnt able to match the leaders down the stretch. "Well, this course is normally a birdie course, so everybodys going to make a lot of birdies," Feng said. "Today, I think the wind picked up a little, so the course was playing longer. I miss a lot of birdie putts, but I stayed patient and I think that was the key." Even though most of last years field had some ridiculously low scores, Feng missed the cut by one. Though she scrambled at times in the first round, biding her time was the key to shooting a low score. "This year here Im not giving myself any pressure. Make it and make it. If I dont make it, its still OK." It was a tough day for the worlds top three players. Top-ranked Stacy Lewis and No. 2 Inbee Park finished at 2-under par, and Lydia Ko, sitting in third in the rankings, came in at 1 over. Sixteen-year-old Brooke Henderson of Smiths Falls, Ont., was the leader among Canadians at 1-under 70. Sue Kim of Langley, B.C., and Jennifer Kirby of Paris, Ont., were at even-par 70, while Charlottetowns Lorie Kane, Erica Rivard of Tecumseh, Ont., and Alena Sharp of Hamilton were at 2-over 73. Maude-Aimee Leblanc of Sherbrooke, Que., finished at 3-over 74, while Torontos Rebecca Lee-Bentham and Nicole Vandermade of Brantford, Ont., shot 4-over 75. Henderson also found the wind to be a factor during her round. she finished tied for 35th last year at 10 under. "Its tough with all the wind out there. Its strong and you have to be really careful in club selection and everything," said Henderson, who finished tied for 35th last year at 10 under. "First goal is to make the cut and 1 under, hopefully, will put me in a good position going into tomorrow." Henderson admitted she is a different golfer than she was two years ago in her first LPGA event. "When I was 14 playing the Canadian Open I was definitely a little scared mouse, thats for sure, but Im definitely a lot more comfortable and my game is a lot better, which really helps." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz